Questing & Unofficial Characters Aug 10, 2019 8:03:41 GMT -8
Post by World of Magesc on Aug 10, 2019 8:03:41 GMT -8
» what is needed of you
There are a few things that you need to do before creating a quest thread. Here is the list:
- Be certain you know and understand the race you're questing for. Many times people just create a character because they think the race will look cool or has some special property they want, but they neglect to think about the way the race truly acts, the way the culture really is, or how the characters look. Obviously personalities will (hopefully) differ from person to person, a more unique character that actually fits with the concept well will make us want to give it to you.
- Don't look at other quests for ideas. This can become a problem because sometimes you will want to quest for something, but then you stumble upon someone's hard work, which then you start to toss their ideas into yours and try and make the two combine. I don't want to see people taking other people's ideas and changing them to their own, because many times I'll want to see what makes them unique, and more often than not someone will recognize the similarities and point them out.
- Start thinking now, post later. Most of the time we'll get someones starting sketch of a character, very rough and undefined, sloppy and messy. But before we critique you, we want you to have a fully realized piece of work in front of us. We want to be moved and amazed at what you've come up with. If that means you can create a great character in a day, that's fine. But be prepared to be brutally beaten with a stick with every critique under the sun if you are requesting one before it's been too long. I want to see well thought out characters, not jumbled around sentences and undefined Mary Sue's or Gary Stu's. It is really alright to begin the musing for a character before it's ever posted, really wanting it even more by the time you've come to realize that the person you're building is epically amazing.
- Make sure you realize that custom's can be expensive. The shop has its art predetermined for the most part as most all sales are premades. A custom can only be won in our custom auctions or purchased after speaking to both Skyeforge and the artist in which you wish to commission who will give permission.
- If you want to use this as a musing spot for a character you plan to make yourself utilizing the MYO Ticket, you may definitely do so in order to get feedback on the character. Just by posting up the same form found below you can request critique for any character you wish to create using the ticket. But be mindful that if using the MYO Ticket option, you may not quest for a hybrid character. Hybrids are reserved for breedings and special events only.
- The form located here can also be used to create Unofficial Characters. These characters can be role played just like any other and can include NPCs as well.
Now that you've determined you still want a character and are willing to create the perfect raguati, asarei, dovaa, hybrid, or khehora specifically for you! That's great news! Go on to the next steps.
» what to do now
Now that you know what you want, it's time to post it in the forums. Just be sure you get it in the correct forum, the forum which this thread is located is the correct forum to post your quest threads. Also, be sure to note what you're questing for. [Dovaa], [Asarei], [Raguati], [Hybrid D/A/R/K], or [Khehora] should be placed at the beginning of the title.
NOTE: All characters whether semi-custom or full custom all start at the apprentice stage. Khehora can start at egg or adult, but not as khehorian.
What you will need in the thread itself is the following information:
[b]Custom:[/b] Full or Semi
[b]Race:[/b] Dovaa/Raguati/Asarei/Hybrid/Khehora. Include the stage of the Khehora here! Is it an egg or an adult (orakovan)?
[b]Path:[/b] (Battler or civilian. Dovaa can still choose a clan if they're civilian but asarei and raguati can not choose an runic weapon)
[b]Clan:[/b] (applies for the dovaa/khehora only.) (if Hybrid D/R or D/A, choose one as well) [All dragon types are available as khehora EXCEPT celestial.][Dovaa may not be celestial, aeduan, or diabi.]
[b]Class:[/b] (applies to raguati/asarei only) (if hybrid R/A, choose one or two || if D/R or D/A, choose one)
[b]Thoughts on the Great Engagement:[/b]
[b]Thoughts on the Magescian Races:[/b]
[b]Thoughts on the Dragons and Khehora:[/b]
Once that is all determined, and everything is thought out thoroughly, you can move onto maybe getting banners, concept art, whatever you wish. The more exquisite the concept and the more effort you put forth, the more likely it is the concept will be approved, which brings us to the third and final stage. Approval.
» semi vs full custom
For a semi-custom you can choose 3 main things you want your character to have in addition to their gender. Color, special tattoos or scars, certain style of scale/horn/wings, special type of clothing, anything that deals with the visible look to your character.
A full custom means you can give the artist as much detail as possible when ordering your character. Just be aware that this does sometimes cause artists to not take on your quest if you restrict them too much.
» when everything is said and done
Well, you've done it! You have created your quest thread, filled it to the brim with information on your character, telling us why we should accept it and bring them to Magesc, everything is set! All you need now is approval. Just DM an active staff member with notice that you are done with your quest thread and be sure to have a link to it! Once the DM is received you will receive the critique. After performing any necessary tweaks, your quest will receive approval from staff members. Any two approvals from regular RP managers constitutes an official approval. Skyeforge alone has the power to officially approve a quest with his word alone. Whenever either of those occurs, you are eligible to submit your request for a slot either specifying your preferred artist(s) from among those available or leaving your preferences open to any of the available artists willing to take your quest on.